Feb 01 , 2023
Welcoming your new baby soon? Congratulations, momma!
You’ve probably spent the past several months reading all the baby books available to you, decorating the nursery room, and planning and preparing for your little one’s arrival. But one thing you shouldn’t forget is packing your hospital bag for you and your baby.
It’s never too early to start packing, but if you’re a little unsure about what to bring with you, we’ve got you covered, momma!
What To Pack For Mommy
Whether you choose to deliver vaginally or via c-section, you’re looking at a minimum stay of two days. So it’s important to come prepared and pack the essentials and other items that would help you feel more comfortable.
- Change of clothes - pack clothes that are lightweight and comfortable to wear, and ones that will keep you warm and cozy.
- Double pillow - pack a travel pillow to bring you extra support and comfort. Our double pillow is perfect for both babies and adults to use for its lightweight size and portability.
- Maternity bras - we recommend non-wired bras to keep you comfortable as it’s likely for your breasts to feel tender during and post-birth.
Hand sanitizer - keep a hand sanitizer with you with at least 60 percent alcohol to disinfect your hands. Our Clean to Clean hand sanitizer gel kills 99% of germs while keeping your hands moisturized with its anti-dryness formula.
- Hand cream - this intensive hand cream is great for keeping your hands nourished and soft, especially if you wash your hands regularly or use hand sanitizers.
- Toiletries - don't forget to pack your toiletry essentials so you can freshen up! Our mousse cleanser is mild, gentle, and perfect for sensitive skin. If you're looking for a volumizing and nourishing shampoo, this shampoo for women may be just what you need. Of course, don't forget to pack your sunscreen to protect your skin from harmful UV rays.
What To Pack For Baby
The good news is, you really don’t need to pack a lot for your little ones. But it’s always good to keep these essentials in your hospital bag.
- Swaddle blanket - our organic muslin swaddle blanket is perfect to use for your little ones. They’re super soft, lightweight, and breathable.
- Diapers - usually hospitals provide diapers but it wouldn’t hurt to pack extras. Our reusable cloth diapers and covers are super absorbent, breathable, and perfect for sensitive skin. Plus, they’re eco-friendly!
- Double liner - pop this double liner in your infant car seat when it’s time to go home to give your baby the comfort and support they need.
- Double blanket - keep your baby warm and cozy with our double blanket. It’s also great to use as a nursing cover for moms.
- Coming-home outfit - there’s nothing cuter than a matching romper and hat set (other than your baby of course) and this romper set is stylish, comfortable, and ready to wear for baby’s first photo!
We hope you found this helpful!
Welcoming the arrival of your little one is a magical time, and we hope this has given you an idea of what to bring to the hospital. At the end of the day, you know what’s best for you and your baby so pack what you need and leave out the ones you think aren’t necessary.
If you want to stay updated with all things mom and baby, sign up to our email list using the form below or follow us on Instagram @shopmamamoor.